Slideshow

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

People Magazine lists my new book in Holiday Gift Guide

In incredibly good news, I just found out that People Magazine has featured Barking Up the Family Tree in its Holiday Gift Guide. In the page from the magazine to the left, my book is on the right inside the dog bowl. The magazine decided to photograph the actual book cover without the dust jacket. I'm super-psyched about the press, but, I must admit, a little bummed that they didn't photograph the book with the dust jacket, which is how the book is seen in bookstores and online. Gayle Chin, the book's designer, suggested that perhaps the dust jacket didn't stand out well against the red backdrop they used. My thought was perhaps when they put the book on an angle in the dog bowl, the dust jacket was bowing out. In any case, I'm thrilled to have made the People Magazine Holiday Gift Guide! The issue date is December 5th if anyone wants to pick up a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are entering a giveaway please make sure you leave your email address in the comment if it's not available on your profile.